Whether you are a professional searcher or fairly new to patent searching, PatentPrism can help you take your on-line searching to a higher and more enjoyable level.
What is PatentPrism?
- PatentPrism is a time-saving, efficient and user-friendly desktop interface for professional level on-line patent searching, analysis, tracking and reporting, using publicly accessible electronic databases provided by national and international patent authorities (primary on-line databases). PatentPrism's electronic reports are suitable for hardcopy or electronic distribution, presentation, and "live" record-keeping.
- PatentPrism dramatically enhances the accessibility of these on-line databases relative to conventional searching, reduces connection and overall search time, and maintains all your search information on your local computer. Depending on your needs, PatentPrism's unique features and tools can also complement or supersede services usually associated with commercial on-line patent databases.
PatentPrism is NOT:
- PatentPrism is NOT a database. PatentPrism's organization and interface provide enhanced access to existing on-line databases.
- PatentPrism is NOT a bulk downloader of patent data. Bulk downloading (that is,downloading many complete patent documents at once) is not permitted by, or is considered an abuse of access to, some public patent databases. Some commercial databases do provide bulk downloading of patent information.
General features of PatentPrism include:
- A powerful, uncluttered interface from which to search primary on-line patent databases, providing the “feel” of working from within several databases concurrently.
- Select / switch among up to six ongoing searches within the interface, including general and preset search types.
- Convenient off-line construction, editing, translation and recording of revisitable & redirectable search strings, with single-click linking to appropriate on-line search pages.
- A common, annotatable format for records from different databases, maintaining access to each database's search facilities, and including redirectable hyperlinks for each record.
- Versatile tools for manipulating downloaded database records and updating hyperlinks.
- Straightforward handling of large numbers of records.
- Single-click report publishing. Reports can include updatable hyperlink addresses, and are suitable for live presentations as well as for electronic or hardcopy distribution. Small report file size for convenient e-mailing. Report data can be copied back into PatentPrism to support supplemental searching.